When you own a home you have a huge responsibility to care for the property. Here are tips to help guide you through the home maintenance process. These tips will be a checklist for you to easily navigate through interior and exterior home maintenance to make sure your home stays in tip-top shape.
1. Landscaping Maintenance
- St Augustine grass is a type of Florida grass that takes maintenance to get it looking nice. You will need to fertilize the grass twice a year (once in Late fall and once in early spring). St. Augustine grass also need Lawn Weed Killer applied in order to keep weeds at bay. I apply IMAGE Southern Lawn in the summer, it attaches to the garden hose and is quick to apply over your entire lawn.
- Tree trimming
- Inspect Irrigation system and make sure sprinklers are working properly
- Finally, add seasonal flowers and mulch (if you haven’t already done so)
2. Exterior Maintenance
- Every 3 months you should use Insect killer around the perimeter of your house to keep bugs at bay. I like using AMDRO Quick kill insect killer from Lowe’s.
- Check the exterior drainage to make sure there is no standing water near your foundation that isn’t draining for more than 24 hours.
- Clean your vents, to keep air flowing through.
- Clean gutters at least twice a year (spring and fall) to make sure they are free of material that could prevent free flow of water.
4. Interior Maintenance
- Next, replace Air conditioning filters, this needs to be done monthly.
- Window and bathroom re-caulking if necessary
- Inspect and service your air conditioning system (at least once a year).
If you are getting your home ready to sell, find out staging tips here. These low-cost staging tips will add curb appeal and make buyers say WOW!